Vezi subiectul anterior Vezi subiectul urmator In jos 
AutorMesaj
lancer_two_one
Airport Level
Airport Level

Numarul mesajelor : 90
Data de inscriere : 26/07/2008

MesajSubiect: What A Difference ...   Dum 24 Aug 2008, 08:10

One way of looking at cockpit evolution in some 55 years. Lanc vs. Challenger 300. And for those unaware, the Lanc was also unpressurized.

Sorin

Sus In jos
eugen
Membru activ

Numarul mesajelor : 3371
Varsta : 43
Localizare : Arad, LRAR
Data de inscriere : 30/04/2008

MesajSubiect: Re: What A Difference ...   Mar 23 Sept 2008, 11:19

Yeah, beautiful both of them...
Sus In jos
Capt_Vio
Fotograf

Numarul mesajelor : 1327
Varsta : 36
Localizare : Canada
Data de inscriere : 04/01/2008

MesajSubiect: Re: What A Difference ...   Mar 23 Sept 2008, 16:39

I think it today's "Fly by Wire" world, it's absolutely pointless to build a plane with a Yoke... I think everyone should take example from Airbus and get rid of that gigantic monster between your legs...

But the planes are quite impressive... both of them...
Sus In jos
lancer_two_one
Airport Level
Airport Level

Numarul mesajelor : 90
Data de inscriere : 26/07/2008

MesajSubiect: Re: What A Difference ...   Mar 28 Oct 2008, 06:15

Capt_Vio a scris:
I think it today's "Fly by Wire" world, it's absolutely pointless to build a plane with a Yoke... I think everyone should take example from Airbus and get rid of that gigantic monster between your legs...

But the planes are quite impressive... both of them...

Not all the planes are FBW. Especially in the business segment. And the one whose cockpit is in the picture is not.

I talked with pilots flying FBW. Didn't notice too much enthusiasm. One F-16 pilot told me once:"when I fly the plane I have one vote; sometimes I'm out voted".

Sorin

Sus In jos
Capt_Vio
Fotograf

Numarul mesajelor : 1327
Varsta : 36
Localizare : Canada
Data de inscriere : 04/01/2008

MesajSubiect: Re: What A Difference ...   Mar 28 Oct 2008, 07:18

I guess it's a matter of preference. I personally flew planes with both yoke and stick, and even though neither was "fly by wire" (ex the DA42, Piper Aztec), the visibility provided by the stick is considerable better than that of a yoke. I also like the feel of it better.

I've seen an interview on Discovery Channel with a very senior Lufthansa pilot who hated the new Airbus and the stick, however I think we should move forward in this world, not backward. The goal of today's designers is to design an aircraft that's safe and ergonomic. As a pilot I have to say one thing... let's not forget that 87% of all accidents are due to pilot error, so the argument of "I get voted out by a computer" doesn't have much weight on it. That's just the ego speaking.

True, there have been instances in which the "autopilot" had the final answer, but in the end, it's the pilots that are to blame for not being familiar with their automated jets. I had an entire class of Aircraft Automation, where we've studied lots of cases and accidents that were due to the crews` lack of knowledge and familiarity.

I think what we need is to develop very advanced system and train pilots on how to use them properly. Once we achieve that you’ll see an even greater reduction in aviation accidents. Let’s not forget that percentage wise, we’re probably at the lowest we’ve ever been when we comes to accidents and incidents and a lot of it can be credited to technology.
Sus In jos
Continut sponsorizat

MesajSubiect: Re: What A Difference ...   

Sus In jos

What A Difference ...
Vezi subiectul anterior Vezi subiectul urmator Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
ROMANIAN SPOTTERS :: ENGLISH :: English-
Mergi direct la: